Directions for Patients
Bring ALL Previous X-Rays when you attend. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment to allow for registration.
Opening Hours: 8:15 am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday, 9am - 12 pm Saturday
For Appointment and Preparation Advice, please phone 9415 1555
Please inform our staff if you have any of the following:
- A cardiac pacemaker of cerebral aneurysm clip
- An orbital metallic foreign body
- Cochlear / Stapes implants
Pregnancy or Pelvis : You must have a full bladder.
- 1 and a half hours before the examination, empty your bladder then drink ONE LITRE of water only over the next half hour (no tea or coffee and finish drinking 1 hour before the examination)
- DO NOT empty your bladder until after the examination.
Abdomen: Nothing to eat or drink for 6 hours before the examination.
Kidneys: Drink 750 ml water 1 hour before the examination. DO NOT empty your bladder until after the examination . You must have a full bladder
Barium Meal & IVP : Special preparation is required. Please contact our office on 9415 1555.
Brain/Chest/Neck/Abdomen/Pelvis : Fast for 2 hours before the examination.
Virtual Colonoscopy: Special preparation is required. Please contact our office on 9415 1555.
CT Angiography: Fast for 2 hours before the examination.
Special Preparation is required for all Nuclear Medicine Scans.
Please conact our office on 9415 1555.
Gastrointestinal Studies and Hepato-Biliary Scan: Please fast for 4 hours minimum
OTHER SCANS MAY REQUIRE SPECIAL PREPARATON - Please enquire at the time of booking your appointment.
Any cancellations must be made the day prior to the test or a fee may be incurred.